Manufacturing, assembling, repairing and restoring furniture, staircases, windows and doorsGlas, Holz, Papier und Farbe Bauwesen und Immobilien Berufe mit Hauptschulabschluss Handwerkliche Berufe Berufe auf dem Bau Berufe mit Holz und Papier Berufe rund um die Bühne und Theater Lehre in Österreich Lehre in Italien (Südtirol)
Deine TätigkeitenWood is the traditional material for joiners. It is used when something is supposed to indicate beauty, preciousness or cosiness. Many old buildings, churches, museums and monasteries provide proof for that.
But wood is certainly not an obsolete material, it is still used and also still in today. The variety of possibilities how to process wood indicates the variety of tasks a joiner deals with. Joiners do not only manufacture single pieces of furniture, such as cupboards, wardrobes, shelves, tables or chairs, but also deal with the production of whole interior fittings. They might for example furnish offices, restaurants, doctor’s surgeries, schools, churches and so on.
Also technology takes a role in a joiner’s working day. Circular saws, planers, shapers and grinders belong to the joiner’s equipment. Using these machines, they cut plates, glue laminated wood and refine it with synthetic resign or veneers. Joiners know their materials like the back of their hands. They select the proper type of wood and are also experts on synthetics for doors and windows.
After the production process has been completed, joiners see to it that everything is built in professionally. One therefore happens to meet joiners at building sites where they build in timber frames or fix ceiling panels. They do also store their materials and maintain their tools and machines.
Inhalte der Ausbildung
Prospective joiners are familiarized with the following contents during their training:
- Handling information and communications systems
- Sketching, drawing up plans, modelling
- Reading and interpreting technical documents (drawings, plans etc.)
- Material demand analysis
- Knowing types of wood and timber products
- Checking technical feasibility
- Processing wood by hand and by machine
- Sawing wood accurately to size
- Manufacturing frames, racks and shelves
- Manufacturing furniture, windows, doors etc. out of wood, glass, metal or synthetics
- Handling pneumatic, hydraulic, electric and electronic machines and plants
- Preparing surfaces, surface treatment
- Checking results
- Transportation and assembly
- Disposing waste material properly
- Cooperating with other craftsmen/-women
- Customer communication
Die Ausbildung zum Tischler ist eine duale Ausbildung. Dies bedeutet, dass du sie zum Teil in der Berufsschule und zum Teil im Ausbildungsbetrieb absolvierst.
In Italien dauert die Ausbildung vier Jahre, statt drei, wie in Deutschland.
Prospective joiners should:
- Be strong and able to cope with pressure
- Be prone to handicraft
- Be able to see things three-dimensionally
- Have a talent for design
- Have technical understanding
- Be dexterous
- Be patient and friendly
- Have a mathematical mind
- Be eloquent
- Work conscientiously
Bei der Recherche für unsere Berufsbilder verwenden wir die Informationen von der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
sowie dem Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Energie .