Providing patients with hearing aid systems to overcome or improve impaired hearing; advising and taking care of persons with impaired hearing according to their individual needs, situation and problems.Technik Handel Berufe mit Zukunft Soziale Berufe Medizinische Berufe Handwerkliche Berufe Berufe im Handel
Was macht ein Hearing aid audiologist?Hearing aid audiologists have a lot of responsibility and need to be really sensitive and empathetic. Why is that? Because they deal with people that have hearing problems which might make communication more difficult. Hearing aid audiologists carry out tests in order to identify the exact hearing impairment of their patients. They advise them on appropriate systems in consideration of the ear specialist's instruction.
They produce casts of the ear and fit the hearing aid system to the patient's ear, so that the patient totally forgets about it when wearing it. Hearing aid audiologists also instruct patients how to use their hearing aids properly. Some patients might further lose their hearing over time. Therefore, it is important that the systems are adjusted to the patient's needs and maintained on a regular basis. Besides patience, empathy and very good communication skills, craftsmanship and dexterity are of utmost importance for hearing aid audiologists.
Inhalte der Ausbildung
Prospective hearing aid audiologists are qualified within three years of training. These are some of the training contents:
- Knowing the ear's biological structure
- Knowing the correlation of hearing impairment and language development
- Advising patients with impaired hearing
- Acoustic units of measurement
- Determining acoustic parameters
- Producing casts of the outer ear
- Selecting hearing aid systems
- Manufacturing ear moulds
- Fitting and modifying systems, maintenance
- Identifying and measuring noises
- Presenting and selling products
- Processing orders
- Administrative tasks
- Taking marketing measures
Wie werde ich Hearing aid audiologist?
Applicants for training as an optician should possess the following skills and interests:
- A lower secondary school-leaving certificate or general certificate of secondary education
- Mathematical skills
- Ability to see things three-dimensionally
- Being prone to handicraft
- Technical understanding
- Good memory
- Rapid conceptualisation of issues
- Commercial thinking
- Working conscientiously
- Sociability, communication skills
Bei der Recherche für unsere Berufsbilder verwenden wir die Informationen von der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
sowie dem Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Energie .