Deine TätigkeitenNothing would work on building sites if there were no bricklayers, that is a simple fact. Of all experts in the construction area they are specialists for the “substantial” ‒ the shell. Have you ever dreamt of building you own house? As a bricklayer you can literally do it!
Bricklayers start with the basement. Basement ceilings are usually constructed by installing prefabricated components that are delivered by special heavy goods vehicles. Then the bricklayer erects floor by floor. Walls must be constructed with the help of trowel, hammer and shovel. What might look confusing from the outside, follows a structured plan actually. This is why spirit level, plumb line and measuring rod must be used very conscientiously. Bricklayers form holes in the outer walls for windows and integrate boxes for roller shutters. They construct ceilings and balconies out of reinforced concrete. A construction crane at the building site provides the bricklayers with new concrete. When the last end wall has been erected, the traditional topping-out ceremony can be held. After that, putting on interior and exterior plaster lies within the bricklayer's area of responsibility as well. Other sophisticated tasks are the constructions of staircases, archways and pillars and taking measures for thermal insulation or making buildings watertight.
Inhalte der Ausbildung
Bricklayers are qualified within three years of training. These are some of the training contents:
- Handling tools and construction devices
- Reading and drawing up sketches and architectural drawings
- Settling building sites
- How to make excavation pits
- Manufacturing construction elements out of wood,stone, mortar, concrete and ferro-concrete
- Constructing walls, pillars and corners
- Laying bricks for archways
- Producing plaster and cement screed
- Coating components Integrating prefabricated components
- Constructing chimneys and staircases
- Maintenance and refurbishment
- Constructing reinforcements and knowing relevant regulations
- Keeping to safety regulations and taking measures for accident prevention
Nach zwei Jahren deiner dualen Ausbildung zum Maurer erreichst du bereits den Berufsabschluss des Hochbaufacharbeiters.
In Italien dauert die Ausbildung vier Jahre, statt drei, wie in Deutschland.
Prospective bricklayers should have the following skills and interests:
- Meticulousness/ Accuracy
- Ability to think three-dimensionally
- A mathematical mind
- Working conscientiously
- Ability to work in a team
- Being prone to handicraft
- Rapid conceptualisation of issues
There is no specific school-leaving requirement.
Bei der Recherche für unsere Berufsbilder verwenden wir die Informationen von der Bundesagentur für Arbeit
sowie dem Bundesministerium für Wirtschaft und Energie .